Everything You Need to Know About Becoming a Motion Graphics Designer Part 1
The profession of motion graphics design is a fairly new trade on the design front with the advent of progressive technology. And it’s only multiplying with the continuous advancement of technology. As creative filmmakers expand both their imaginations and their budget for impressive technology and design, motion graphics designers are becoming desirable team members. Without these savvy, innovative artists, your favorite space and war movies, as well as the beautiful mobile graphics on many websites and apps, would cease to exist! But what exactly does this profession entail? And how can you get started in this creative career?
5 Skills that you need to have to become a successful motion graphics designer:
- Graphic designing skills: It is obvious that in order to become a motion graphics designer, one needs to have a tight grip on graphic designing skills. Motion design is virtually bringing graphic features to life through animation. Especially for those who want to be freelancers, learning graphic designing is very essential cause, they have to both create the elements and move them. Even for people working in studios, the knowledge of creating graphic content is a fundamental element of motion graphics.
- Traditional art forms: During most motion graphics pieces it’s always easier to sketch out your ideas on paper than it is to build it in the computer only to find out that it’s not working. Sketches allow you to quickly brainstorm different ideas, ultimately speeding up your workflow. Having knowledge of such traditional art forms is very helpful during your design process and can give you an eye for the best way to communicate your motion design to the audience.
- Knowledge of animation:A motion graphics designer also has to work with 2D elements and give a reasonable motion to it. And this where animation steps in, animation in motion graphics is more than just setting a few key frames. The artists foundation in animation should be very strong in order create appealing videos. He/She need to be able to know where to exaggerate, where to ease in or out, or what type of timing works best.
- 3D design skills:Nowadays the more popularly used elements in motion graphics in 3D elements and with that comes the need to learn 3D animation. You can find the use of motion graphics in a 3D logo, an intro to a TV show, a commercial and more. You should not be limiting yourself to just 2D motion design, expand your knowledge into 3D and it will open up more opportunities for you.
- Knowledge of typography:Typography is a popularly used element in motion design and often times the driving force behind the motion graphics. Since the content on any creative is so prominent, you need to have an understanding of typography; what virtual features make up a typeface, what compliments a design, and what is the easiest for the audience to be able to read. A proper typography can transform your visuals in a whole new level.
We live in a digital age, so motion graphics have become vital in a variety of media settings. Depending on the type of motion graphics you enjoy creating, you could end up working on a big-ticket film in Hollywood or freelancing. You’ll be excited to hear that motion graphics designers are fairly well-compensated for their technical expertise. As technology continues to advance, opportunities for motion graphics designers will advance right along with it. The most vital aspect still remains that the education in motion graphics should be very strong, so if you are planning to get into this business, find yourself a suitable and efficient institute providing respective courses in motion graphics. MAAC institute located in Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad, is one of the very few animation and VFX institutes that provides thorough courses in motion graphics along with a 100% placement assistance in the same.